Saturday, November 5, 2011

What do you think of when someone says Fall?

Apple cider? Pumpkins? Pulling out the sweaters and hoodies?  Walking outside into the crisp air, smelling leaves burning... Whatever thoughts I have about fall all make me smile.  There is just something about it when the weather turns from hot to cool and you can curl up with a blanket and a hot drink that just is so happy.  Well, for me this is something that calls for a party.  So, in between Halloween and Thanksgiving, why not have a fall party?  This is what I did last night. This meal is quite filling, so may I suggest taking a small siesta in between courses :)  Here are the recipes that I used that all turned out delicious:

Appetizers:
-Best Spinach Dip
-Sauteed Butternut Squash
-Pigs in a blanket  (I use the little weenie sausages)
-Spinach Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette and I chopped up some green apples and mixed them in the dressing to keep them from turning brown.  I sprinkled Candied Pecan pieces on top. (Feta cheese would be good too) 




 Main Course:
  -Chili (the one that I already posted about earlier)
  -Cornbread



Dessert:
-Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle and hot apple cider
I made my own whipped cream instead of using cool whip by beating heavy whipping cream with a teaspoon vanilla and a few tablespoons sugar.  I also added some pumpkin pie spice to my pumpkin mixture and it was delicious :)
So.... Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment