Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bushels for pennies

 Yesterday my friend Amanda took me to Don Victorio's Market-a place that another one of our friends introduced her to a few months ago.  It was fantastic!  During the months between October-April the Palm Beach Green Market is a great place to go, and this market always has one of the best stands there.  And I certainly was not disappointed when I stepped into their shop yesterday afternoon.  When I glimpsed the sign that said Limes 15 for $1 and big watermelons for $2, I knew I had come to the right place. I got so excited that I stocked up on enough fruits and vegetables for a fortnight. ok where can you get 2 tomatoes, 3 plums, 4 peaches, 6 apples, 15 limes, a grapefruit, cucumber, pineapple, watermelon, bag of spinach, green onions, ginger root and a cilantro plant for only $17.87?  It was incredible!  And they sell coffee and pastries and sandwiches as well.  They have a wide spread of good things to eat (some of them I had never even seen before) and everything seems to be very fresh.  I don't know about you, but from now on I'm going to Don Victorio's!  

Don Victorio’s Market, located at 7504 South Dixie Highway, just south of Forest Hill
you can read another person's opinion at:
http://devonshireofpalmbeach.com/blog/?p=752

No comments:

Post a Comment