Thursday, July 7, 2011

Relish in the light of Paris

So... I know I've already written a little about Relish http://www.relishburger.com/  but I just had to say a few more things about it.  Now that I actually went there to get food, and not just a milkshake, I can say even more how delicious it is!  It was so funny because out of all of the choices of burgers, cheeses and relishes, I decided upon a wild boar burger with brie cheese and blackberry compote.  Upon my decision, I proceeded to the counter and asked the girl what her favorite burger was.  She said (before I even told her what I wanted) that her favorite was the exact thing that I picked!  So I got it and it was delicious.  I guess I was expecting the wild boar to taste a little more "wild" but I had never had it before, so I really didn't know what to expect.  I also ordered a side of grilled polenta and split a chocolate truffle milkshake.  It was good but my favorite so far are the salted caramel and the strawberry shortcake milkshakes. 



The morning after this, I went to Paris Cafe with a friend.  http://www.parisbakerycafe.com/  This is one of my most favorite places to go ever.  One, because they make incredible food that is always fresh and perfectly prepared.  Second, because when I sit there and enjoy my crepe I really feel like I am in Europe for an hour.  The restaurant is run by a lady from France, and just the way it is set up just feels like a little bakery cafe in the middle of some European city.  Not to mention that there is a gelato store right across the street :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment